- Do not use abbreviations in your URLs (such as your school abbreviation).
NO - www.yourdomain.com/rjhs-athletics
YES - www.yourdomain.com/athletics
- Do not shorten words or make meaningless abbreviations.
NO - www.yourdomain.com/sac
YES - www.yourdomain.com/school-advisory-council
- Separate words using hyphens.
NO - www.yourdomain.com/middleschool
YES - www.yourdomain.com/middle-school
- Do not make URLs too long. They are tough to remember, type, and can be viewed as spam by search engines.
NO - www.yourdomain.com/give-to-the-jane-doe-smith-memorial-scholarship-fund
YES - www.yourdomain.com/scholarship-fund-donation
- Use lowercase text always with no exception.
NO - www.yourdomain.com/FAQs
YES - www.yourdomain.com/faqs
Thinking of Updating your URLs?
If you're thinking of updating your website URLs to be more SEO friendly, that's great! Keep in mind, if you have any links throughout your website linking to the page you're changing, you will want to update all links to direct to the new URL.
How to Update your URLs
Updating your page URLs is super easy through your site manager! Click into the properties tab for each page to update this information.